Bed 2 Chair Training
The course is targeted towards working with those who may be spending many hours in bed or on a sofa. Those who may be frail, elderly or recovering from treatment but certainly those who may need assistance.
Bed 2 Chair Training provides the essential underpinning evidence based knowledge required to deliver any of our iCareiMove® services safely. This course is mandatory Course with iCareiMove.
By the end of this course you will understand:
- You Matter – How you can make an impact working with older people who may be spending many hours in bed.
- The Plan – The outline of the Falls prevention and the issue of bed blocking in your community
- Stats as we speak today – The impact of bed blocking on our economy including the 10 year NHS plan
- Four Point Plan – The physical and emotional impact of using strength and balance in daily activities.
- Thinking Differently – How exercise movements no matter how small can change a life
- Older People Framework – The key interventions around treatment and prevention
- How ton Get Quicker – Tips and tricks to assist and make improvements in getting in and out of bed
- PreHab & ReHab – Use the Bed 2 Chair Method. To skill up and reinforce techniques to reduce falls
- Maintenance – Participate and part teach from the Bed 2 Chair Program
After the Course you will:
- Have tools to deliver Bed 2 Chair in your community
- Have an option to subscribe to icareimove professional platform for ongoing updates.
- Have an option to access business start up for teaching iCareiMove Programs in your area.
- Have a certificate of CPD attendance.
- Be part of the iCareiMove growing community.
( 8 hours duration LIVE Training)
Helen Tite and Pat Taylor have been working with older people for over 45 years collectively. As an Exercise Therapist and Registered Nurse, let them show you what it is really like working with an older population. They talk about the highs and the lows but mostly sharing stories of the fun, courage and wonderful experience of teaching these programs.
This interactive and entertaining course opens your mindset, thinking innovatively and differently about your approach to the growing and ageing population. After all, it will be all of us one day!