Course Aims and Objectives
At the end of this course you should be better able to:
- Develop your knowledge and practical skills regarding moving and exercising clients who may have a range of medical conditions. (This course is the beginning of a wider journey of on-going learning)
- Develop operational procedures for your care facility around health-related schemes.
- Have an understanding of requirements to operate a strength and balance scheme as part of the exercise continuum
- Develop your ability to deliver safe and effective sessions
- Deliver an effective strength and balance class
- Increase your understanding around medical screening
- Have an improved understanding of human behaviour
- Better knowledge of some degenerative medical conditions
- Have an increased awareness of the limitations in capability of specific groups in your community
- Gain an improved understanding of some pharmaceuticals commonly used with this demographic.
For the purpose of this training we will use the terminology of “client”. We recognise that the following words may also be used.
- Cared For
- Older Person
- End Service User